DescriptionDetours DVD Bible Study Kit
includes the Detours DVD Companion Guide
, two DVDs with a promotional video and six 25 to 30 minute teaching sessions featuring author Tony Evans. The Detours Companion Guide
is also available as a separate purchase at our bookstore here
The biblical account of Joseph clearly demonstrates that God is at work even when life seems to be going wrong. It depicts a young man who endured betrayal, abandonment, injustice, and confusion before understanding God’s sovereign plan to redirect him from the pit to the palace. Even today, it’s easy to wonder why God would allow calamity to happen or if He’s in control at all. Whether through uncontrollable circumstances or the pain of personal relationships, everyone has experienced unforeseen changes in life. This study helps believers navigate detours that may take you through trials, injustice, and even betrayal. You will be comforted and encouraged when you learn to rest in God’s redemptive plan and the hope found in God’s sovereign will.
- The Purpose of Detours
- The Proof of Detours
- The Patience of Detours
- The Pain of Detours
- The Promotion of Detours
- The Perspective of Detours
- Bible Study Book
- Two DVDs with a promotional video and six 25 to 30-minute teaching sessions led by Tony Evans
- The original book, Detours, on which the study is based
- Teaching videos featuring author Tony Evans
- Leader tips
- Six-week Bible Study Book with group and personal components
- Step-by-step plans for six group sessions
- Individual-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
- Promotional video
- Discover hope in knowing that life’s sudden detours represent ways God moves us to the place He wants us to be.
- Identify ways God redeems even the things that go wrong in our lives.
- Get a more intimate understanding of the biblical account of Joseph.
- Learn to endure the uncontrollable and unforeseen events that invade your life.
- Realize that trusting in God’s sovereignty will help you navigate betrayal, abandonment, and injustice.